A “Not-Purée” recipe for a 6 month old
Scrambled Pancakes + Yogurt + Mango = Complete meal ?
It’s very simple to makes and so delicious, your 6 month old can eat on their own (with some supervision of course?) The banana and butter takes this meal to a whole new level?
Before we go into the recipe, let’s look into how this recipe or meal idea would be helpful for your baby from the perspective of baby development.
Why Scrambled Oat Pancake?
The oat pancake is scrambled into large chunks so your baby can handle the chucks easily when eating. This a great way to get your kids to be independent and teach them co-ordination skills.
What’s the best feeding set to wean?
The feeding set used during meals times are are important, as it helps to make meal times interesting for your baby and encourage them to eat on their own. Your feeding set should comprise of
- A suction bowl
- A portion plate (this allows you to place different food options on the plate)
- A sippy cup or infant training cup.
- An infant spoon
- An infant fork
- A bib
Some things to look out for when purchasing your feeding sets
Here are a few things to take note of when trying to make a decision on what feeding set to buy.
- They should be soft and malleable so its easy for your baby to handle.
- They should have no sharp edges so your baby does not get injured during meal times
- The should be easy to clean
- Try to stay away from feeding sets made of plastic or rubber materials as they are dangerous.
- Use BPA free feeding items
- The feeding bowls & plate should be suction, so the plate stays put on the surface. this makes feeding time less messy.
Now lets move on to the recipe, and the feeding set used in this recipe is from Cue Kids Store, a great store to get feeding sets and items for infants and toddlers. click on this link to check them out.
This meal has the main dish which is the scrambled oat pancake, topped with some apple sauce . As the side, we have, some plain full fat Greek yogurt and mango strips. The mango are cut into strips so your baby can easily pick and nibble on it.
Scrambled Oat Pancake (BLW meal idea)
Scrambled Oat Pancake
1. Peel and mash the banana.
2. Break the egg into the mashed banana.
Add the oats and mix until well combined.
Pour butter/ghee/coconut oil into a pan on low heat
Pour in to oat batter and allow to set for about 2 mins.
Begin to scramble into large chunks until its dry, i.e the oats absorbs all the butter.
Serve the scrambled pancake into a portion suction plate.
Add the yogurt and mango strips on the other sides of the portion plate.