- 1 med sized beetroot
- 1 med sized potato
- 1/4teaspoon turmeric powder (8 months and above)
- 1/4teaspoon cumin powder (8 months and above)
- Wash the vegetable very well (beetroot and potatoes), peel the skin and dice them.
- Put both veggies into a pressure cooker, add 3-4 tablespoons of water and pressure cook till you hear whistles. Turn the heat to low and simmer for a couple of minutes after you have heard a couple of whistles. Turn off the heat.
- Allow pressure to release naturally in the cooker.
- Open the cooker, place the beet and potatoes in a mixer grinder and puree into desired paste.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add water to achieve consistency due to age of baby.
- You can add plain yogurt to help with easy digestion for the baby (optional)
Beetroot is a wholesome vegetable that has a good amount of calcium, potassium and vitamin A.
Both Vitamin A and Calcium play a large role in the healthy development of your baby.
Early introduction of the baby will help in the baby enjoying this vegetable for a lifetime.