- Depending on the sizes available
- 2 large sized carrots
- Wash, peel and slice carrots
- Put slices into a pressure cooker(fastest and healthiest choice) and add 2-3 tbsp of water. Pressure cook till you hear 2 whistle sounds
- Put the pressure cooker under running water and let it cool.
- Once cooked well, put slices in a blender or for those who have or use a baby food blender, puree until smooth. Add water to achieve desired consistency.
- Dish up and serve baby.
Carrots are a must have, and should be among the 3 foods to be added into our babies diet. Reasons why listed below:
Carrots are rich in fibre, which helps with normal bowel movements for the baby. Also rich in iron, calcium and Vitamin C.
Carrots are also known to very effectively build up the immune system, which is very important in the life of our babies.
Carrots can also be mixed with other cereals or made into a warm soup.
Be adventurous with your baby, try various combinations.
Trust me, babies love the sweet taste of carrots.